We, at Initiatives of Change (India), are looking for a Programme Coordinator to be part of the team at Asia Plateau, our training & education centre in Panchgani. We invite applications from individuals with strong planning, organising, and coordinating abilities and a desire to use their skills to serve society. We offer a dynamic work environment and an opportunity to work with a global community of volunteers from all walks of life, committed to being social changemakers, thinkers and leaders in the world.
Job title: Programme Coordinator
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Salary: Is negotiable subject to the appropriate qualifications and experience but will be modest compared to industry standards. Subsidised accommodation at the centre could be considered.
Location: Asia Plateau (MRA Centre), Wai-Panchgani Road, Panchgani, Maharashtra, India 412805
The role is of a ‘Programme Coordinator’ for Asia Plateau, the training and education centre of IofC India. In this capacity you will work closely with the Programme Manager to carry out several tasks before, during and after each programme. The role requires meticulous planning, an eye for detail and excellent people skills. Programmes at Asia Plateau are for corporate executives, civil servants, educators, youth, children, and families.
Main responsibilities & duties (in brief):
The Programme co-ordinator will ensure smooth functioning of the programmes which will broadly entail the following. A more detailed task list will be shared at a later stage:
- Communication with participants, partner organisations, course directors & facilitators and centre administration team.
- Preparing of programme schedule, pre programme material and activities during programmes.
- Logistical coordination and arrangements for current and upcoming programmes.
- Coordinating arrival, welcome and departure of participants.
- Participating in planning meetings with the facilitator teams and acting on needs that come up.
- Introductions and announcements during the programme.
- Review and data analysis of concluded programmes and maintenance of participant database.
- Active engagement with the Asia Plateau community and support wherever needed.
Key Qualities, Competencies:
The following are expected of you:
- Integrity and ethical behaviour towards the institution, your role and people you will work with.
- Being professional and organised in the execution of your duties.
- Building professional working relationships with your colleagues and participants.
- A team player; able to work with people from diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Paying attention to details in the execution of your role.
- Ability to handle work pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- Willingness to learn, have a growth mindset and a solution-oriented approach to work.
- A warm, caring, and willing spirit.
- An effective communicator with written and spoken command over English and Hindi. Fluency in Marathi and other languages are an added asset.
- Computer proficiency especially in Microsoft Office.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate in any stream.
- Two years' experience of working in an organisation. While not limited to, an exposure to social work, corporate training and/or education related fields will be an asset. However, anyone who feels called to and willing to work with for social transformation through personal change, is welcome to apply.
How to apply:
Please click here to apply.
Incase you face any technical errors to submitting the form, please send a supporting statement and CV outlining your experience to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Programme Coordinator’ by end of day on 14 August 2023. References will be needed for successful candidate.